Today I cracked the case on the old computer and put the SATA controller in I received in the post. After a certain amount of faffing about I got the new hard disk to work and yanked the old one out. Debian GNU/Linux has been installed and all is well.
Today was also a thermal imaging day, there were a few left over and I completed the last one tonight. Ironically it was the house of the daughter of the first couple's house I did this year. Tomorrow I take the camera to Bramley for the next parish.
Tonight's late night blip is an end on shot of the old hard disk that was removed from the computer, showing the (now) obsolete PATA/EIDE/IDE interface, jumpers and Molex power connector. Some people play hard disk domino toppling with old drives, but I don't have enough...