4. larry mcmurtry & booked up
so, a quick explanation first. on december 30th (ironically the first day of my texas series), i set my camera on the top of our car. and i got in. and let us drive off.
and it fell off. the good news:
1. i have it fully covered with an extended accident warranty
2. it still worked perfectly
3. it took two photos as it fell
the bad news:
1. the mirror that reflects the image into the viewfinder was cracked in three places
so i had to mail it off as of january 2nd. i have no idea how long it will be gone, but probably a couple of weeks. not ideal, but i needed to get it mended. so until then...iphone. i know, i'm not excited about it either.
larry mcmurtry is a texas author. though his fiction is not always up my alley, he owns one of the largest bookstores in america, booked up. and it's in a tiny, no stoplight town (see yesterday's photo and entry). archer city, texas. he keeps the store alive despite the issues, and i went a few months ago and couldn't believe it.
these are his two memoirs. both well worth reading. he still lives in archer city and what i admire about him most is his honest dedication to texas as he sees it.