Happy pineapple day
1. For as long as I can remember I have bought my mum a pineapple for Mothers Day. It's one of those things I can't really explain but I'm glad happens. This year's pineapple was particulary sweet and juicy and was accompanied by my suitably daft and hame-made bright yellow pop up pineapple card.
2. I bundled myself up with bags of food and headed down to mum's on the train. We had a lovely lunch at the window seat followed by a pretty epic Victoria sponge.
3. Colin arrived a bit later having cycled from Glasgow, there quickly followed a second sitting and more cake.
4. What started as lunch soon became dinner and then supper and unexpected bed and breakfast.
5. A lovely day full of sweetness. Every day is mothers day but pineapple day only comes once a year.